1 (music) a group of notes connected by a slur
2 character consisting of two or more letters combined into one
3 a metal band used to attach a reed to the mouthpiece of a clarinet or saxophone
4 thread used by surgeons to bind a vessel (as to constrict the flow of blood)
5 something used to tie or bind [syn: binder]
6 the act of tying or binding things together [syn: tying]
- The act of tying something.
- A cord or similar thing used to tie something; especially the thread used in surgery to close a vessel or duct.
- A character, such as æ, œ, ß, or ĳ that combines multiple letters.
- In the context of "music": A group of notes played as a phrase, or the curved line that indicates such a phrase.
- A piece used to hold the reed to the mouthpiece on woodwind instruments.
the act of tying something
- Hungarian: lekötés
- Czech: slitek, ligatura
- Hungarian: kettős betű, ligatura
a piece used to hold the reed
- ttbc Dutch: ligatuur
- ttbc French: ligature
- ttbc Greek: δεσμός (desmós)
- ttbc Italian: legatura
- ttbc Latin: ligatura
Ligature may refer to:
ligature in Czech: Ligatura
ligature in German: Ligatur
ligature in French: Ligature
ligature in Georgian: ლიგატურა
ligature in Hungarian: Ligatúra (egyértelműsítő lap)
ligature in Dutch: Ligatuur
ligature in Polish: Ligatura
ligature in Russian: Лигатура
ligature in Slovak: Ligatúra
ligature in Ukrainian: Лігатура
accent, accent mark, ascender, back, bar, bastard type, beard, belly, bevel, black letter, body, braid, brail, cable, cancel, cap, capital, case, character, cord, counter, custos, descender, direct, dot, em, en, expression mark, face, fat-faced type, feet, fermata, font, groove, hold, italic, key signature, knot, lead, letter, ligament, ligation, line, link, logotype, lower case, majuscule, mark, measure, metronomic mark, minuscule, nexus, nick, notation, pause, pi, pica, point, presa, print, roman, rope, sans serif, script, segno, shank, shoulder, sign, signature, slur, small cap, small capital, spun yarn, stamp, stem, string, swell, symbol, tempo mark, tendon, thong, tie, time signature, twine, twist, type, type body, type class, type lice, typecase, typeface, typefounders, typefoundry, upper case, vinculum, wire, yarn, yoke